An Introduction To The Real Estate Finance Industry
The School of Mortgage Banking I (SOMB I) is the introductory course that emphasizes the interrelated roles of the departments within a residential mortgage banking firm and the relationships of the various institutions and agencies throughout the real estate finance industry. The course presents an overview of associated disciplines essential to a complete understanding of mortgage banking, including loss mitigation, predatory lending, capital markets, real estate law and regulation, and real estate mathematics. At the conclusion of the course, attendees leave with a solid foundation, understanding the role and importance of the loan production, commercial lending, underwriting, secondary marketing, warehousing, and servicing functions in the mortgage banking industry.
Tuesday, December 3rd - Friday, December 6th, 2019
- This course will occur from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday - Thursday and 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Friday.
- A light breakfast will be served at 8:00 a.m. each day.
- Lunch will be served each day.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim South
11767 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Hotel Registration Information:
- All registrants are responsible for making their own hotel accommodations.
- MBA Education recommends you wait until after you receive our registration confirmation email before you make any travel arrangements. MBA assumes no liability for any penalty fees on airline tickets, deposits for hotel accommodations, or any other fees, charges, penalties, or other incidental costs that a registrant might incur. To review all of MBA Education policies, please click here
SOMB I emphasizes the interrelated roles of the departments within a residential mortgage banking firm and the relationships of the various institutions and agencies throughout the real estate finance industry. This course provides a foundation in residential loan production, underwriting, secondary marketing, warehousing and servicing. It also presents an overview of associated disciplines essential to a complete understanding of mortgage banking, including loss mitigation, capital markets, nontraditional mortgage lending practices, fraud detection and quality assurance, regulatory compliance, real estate law and commercial lending.
- Day 1: Introduction to Mortgage Banking, Ethics, Regulatory Update, Laws Effecting the Mortgagee's Interest in Property
- Day 2: Loan Products, Loan Production
- Day 3: Fraud & Quality Assurance, Review of Processing & Underwriting Case Study, Loan Administration, Quality Control Case Study
- Day 4: Secondary Marketing, Warehouse Lending, Commercial Lending
Download the sample SOMB I agenda to learn more about the program.
Who Should Attend?
- Residential Mortgage Professionals
- Management and Heads of Sales
- Production Staff
- Servicing Staff
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals
- Anyone serving the mortgage finance industry
Instructors will be announced closer to the start of the course.
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.