CMF: Commercial Insurer Ratings and Property Claims
Date:Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
For Non-Members interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the CMF Insurance series, please use the promo code GROUP15 to receive 15% off.
Commercial Insurance Series Summary:
Commercial insurance is a complex and dynamic component of the real estate finance industry. In recognition of the training needs of our members, MBA Education has developed a comprehensive program covering the various elements of commercial insurance. In collaboration with Insurance Advisors LLC and Fortress Risk Consultants LLC, MBA Education will offer 13 webinars over the course of a two year period covering the following four categories:
1) Introductory and OverviewOur goal is for MBA members to develop a better understanding of everything from the fundamentals to the complexities of commercial insurance.
2) Types of Commercial Insurance
3) Commercial Insurance Industry Processes
4) Commercial Insurance Compliance
Commercial Insurer Ratings and Property Claims Summary:
This webinar will cover the following two topics: how rating agencies view the Property and Casualty Insurance Industry versus other financial sectors; and, how Property insurance claims are settled. For the rating segment of the webinar, the types of analysis conducted on specific insurance companies will be discussed; how do the types of business written by insurers, such as catastrophe risk, affect ratings; how do rating agencies spot potential problems with individual companies; and, what is the near and longer term outlook for the Property and Casualty Insurance Industry? We will then discuss Property loss settlements - how to react after a loss; dealing with insurance claims and public adjusters; business income issues; and, how to maximize claims payments.
- Bernard M. ("Bernie") Brown, CPCU, CLU, and President, Insurance Advisors LLC
The schedule for 2018 and 2019 is as follows:
- Fundamentals of Commercial Insurance (February 13, 2018)
- Blanket Property Policy Analysis Insurance (March 27, 2018)
- Builder's Risk Insurance (April 10, 2018)
- Business Income Insurance (June 21, 2018)
- Force Placed Insurance (July 10, 2018)
- CMF Insurance Policy, Review and Boiler/Machinery Insurance (September 5, 2018)
- Overview of CMF Insurance Compliance (October 18, 2018)
- Self-Insurance, Captives and Fronting (November 14, 2018)
- Fundamentals of Commercial Insurance (February 19, 2019)
- Self-Insurance and Reinsurance (March 19, 2019)
- Catastrophic Insurance (April 16, 2019)
- Ordinance or Law Insurance (June 18, 2019)
- Top Commercial Insurance Issues and Problems (July 16, 2019)
- General, Umbrella, and Prof. Liability Insurance (September 17, 2019)
- Overview of Commercial Insurance Compliance (October 15, 2019)
- Commercial Insurer Ratings and Property Claims (November 19, 2019)
Who Should Attend?
Loan closers, servicers and others concerned with insurance matters, such as attorneys and consultants who work within the real estate industry.