Join MBA Education and industry experts for this annual, popular 3-hour crash course on the fundamentals of mortgage accounting. This workshop will be geared towards people new to accounting roles or people who want to gain a better understanding of the latest in mortgage accounting principles.
The first half of this workshop will be an overview of the concepts that every accountant, financial analyst, or auditor should know to be successful in their roles. The second half of the workshop will be more of an open forum where panelists will respond to areas of concern or difficulty from the audience. This will be a great opportunity to get your questions answered and hear what challenges your colleagues are encountering.
Paid registrants of both the workshop and conference will receive $50 off their two registration prices. Please contact email@example.com for this discount.
Tuesday, November 19th, 2019
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM EST
Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
333 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Attendees should expect to:
- Gain foundational understanding of mortgage accounting concepts
- Learn how accounting fits in the mortgage loan life cycle
- Hear an overview of the current regulatory environment and how current regulations impact mortgage accounting
- Understand what the pain points are for mortgage accountants
- Learn the best practices industry experts and your peers are using to manage the day-to-day work
Download the Fundamentals and Best Practices in Mortgage Accounting Workshop Agenda to learn more about the program.
Who Should Attend?
- Entry-intermediate level accountants
- Non-CPA accounting and finance managers
- Financial analysts
- Jennifer Hannah, CPA, Assurance Partner, Richey May & Co., LLP
- Stuart Machisak, Senior Manager, Financial Services,Ernst & Young LLP
- Robert L. Truitt, Consultant
- Paul Hubbard, Chief Financial Officer, Sierra Pacific Mortgage
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.