|This session provides an overview of pipeline hedging and the financial reporting complexity generated by hedging transactions. This is a complex topic that is recommended for Controllers, Mortgage Accountants, Secondary Marketing managers, CPAs, CFOs, business owners, executive management, and anyone who desires to gain a more in depth knowledge of hedging and hedge accounting.
Date:Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM EST
For those interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the Mortgage Accounting series, please use the promo code GROUP15 to receive 15% off.
Mortgage Accounting Series Summary:
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as well delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
- Part I, Drilling into Mortgage Accounting - 10/3/18
- Part II, Loan Level Accounting - Essential For Survival - Wednesday, 10/10/18
- Part III, Hedging For Accountants - Wednesday, 10/17/18
- Part IV, Hedge Accounting and GAAP reporting - Wednesday, 10/24/18
- Part V, Cash and Capital Preservation - Wednesday, 10/31/18
- Purpose of Hedging & Definitions
- Pull-Thru/ Fall-Out & Lock Registration
- Value Preservation & Hedging Off-Set
- Optionality & Prepayment Speeds
- Convexity & Non-Linear Price Change
- Measurement of Hedge Results
- Hedge Complexity & Position Recommendation
- Margin Preservation & When it all Works
- Mandatory Spread over Best Effort
- Model Validation & Reference Tools
- Andy Schell, CPA, CMB, CFF, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.