Designed as a follow-up to the Understanding the Basics of "Private Label" RMBS webinar, MBA Education presents an overview of RMBS securitization programs. This 90 minute webinar will outline a typical securitization structure and include a detailed overview all of the common legal issues that need to be considered in setting up securitization platform. We will discuss tax considerations, risk retention, securities laws, the Investment Company Act and other legal topics that shape the way securitizations are structured. We will compare and contrast securitizations with other common financing methods. Finally, we will address several practical and operational considerations that should be born in mind when designing a securitization program.
An introductory webinar, titled Understanding the Basics of "Private Label" RMBS, will be held April 25, 2019.
If you are interested in submitting anonymous questions, please submit your questions to Lisa Volb at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day April 30, 2019.
Thursday, May 2, 2019
Attendees can expect to understand:
- Become familiar with the basic features of a typical RMBS securitization
- Learn about tax, securities laws and other relevant legal issues and their impact on securitizations
- Consider how securizations compare to other forms of financing
- Learn how securitization impact yours operations and how to securitize most efficiently
- Learn how to launch a securitization platform
- Haukur Gudmundsson, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Caroline Jensen, Associate, Mayer Brown LLP
- Michael McElroy, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Russell Nance, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Susannah Schmid, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance Managers and Staff
- Operations Personnel
- In-House Counsel
- Capital Markets