This webinar is part of MBA Education's "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series with Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Commercial and community banks often get frustrated by the volatility and cyclicality of mortgage banking. Many bankers struggle to understand the nature of mortgage banking in comparison with other types of commercial lending. This webinar will focus on helping bank executives understand some of the unique features of mortgage banking and how to properly assess the risk, productivity, and performance of their mortgage banking divisions. More importantly, we'll tell you the key metrics that bank managers and mortgage division managers should track and discuss monthly in order to ensure good communication and to meet the bank's objectives. And this webinar includes a large amount of new and updated material from last year's very popular webinar.
Attendees who register for 3 or more Garrett McAuley webinars in the "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series are eligible to receive a 10% discount off each webinar registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive discount.
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
During this webinar, we'll address the following:
- Some of the key benefits and risks of mortgage banking.
- How to manage through mortgage industry cyclicality and the appropriate ways to right-size the business.
- LO compensation strategies and appropriate commission levels.
- Ensuring that the bank earns proper returns relative to the mortgage company managers.
- Three key metrics that bank management must monitor to avoid secondary marketing risk.
- Best practices for management reporting and accountability for performance.
- Benchmarking bank-owned mortgage division performance against peers and top performers in the industry.
- Monthly Metrics that bank executives should use to monitor and assess their mortgage company performance.
- Assessing mortgage compliance risks and making the decision whether to invest in or not invest in mortgage banking.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Joe Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Who Should Attend?
- Bank CEOs and CFOs
- Directors of Banks
- Mortgage division executives
- Banking industry analysts
Mortgage Banking Management Series
The Mortgage Banking Management webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Garrett, McAuley & Co. Our goal is to help MBA members increase revenues, control cost and better manage risk. The series includes the following webinars:
1. Ten Things Your Company Must Do in 2019 (January 17, 2019)
2. Mortgage Lending in 2019: What the Heck Do I Do Now? (February 27, 2019)
3. Mortgage Bankers: Should You Join a Bank or Should You Buy One? (Tentative Date: March 14, 2019)
4. Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know (March 27, 2019)
5. Benchmarking Yourself as a Mortgage Lender (April 11, 2019)
6. Warehouse Lenders: Steps You Must Take in Today's Difficult Market (Tentative Date: May 7, 2019)
7. Introduction to Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers (June 20, 2019)
8. Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability (June 27, 2019)
9. Bank-Owned mortgage Divisions (September 18, 2019)
10. Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers (October 16, 2019)