This webinar is part of MBA Education's "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series with Garrett, McAuley & Co.
For most companies, 2018 was a challenge with volumes dropping and profits shrinking, and 2019 looks to start out the same way. Now, early in the year, is the right time to make take steps to improve your business for 2019, while it can make a real difference. This webinar will provide participants with a Top Ten list of strategic initiatives that all mortgage bankers should be implementing in 2019. These very specific and very actionable suggestions will help you and your team focus on what will increase revenues, control costs, and better manage risk, not only in 2019 but also every year thereafter. And they're all things you can start to work on right away.
Attendees who register for 3 or more Garrett McAuley webinars in the "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series are eligible to receive a 10% discount off each webinar registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive discount.
Thursday, January 17th, 2019
The following will be discussed at this webinar:
- How the top performers deal with shrinking volumes.
- What companies should do when earnings fall.
- Why your team should set key business goals and initiatives for management to achieve in 2018.
- How your management team should organize, assess, and modify its goals throughout 2018.
- Ten concrete, practical suggestions for the coming year related to investor relationships, financial management, compliance, and operational performance.
- Detailed explanations about methodologies to implement our Top Ten suggestions, including ways that the industry's top performers make them work and how to avoid the mistakes of the poor performers.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Joe Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Who Should Attend?
- Presidents of independent mortgage companies.
- Senior Officers of mortgage companies, including COOs, CFOs, Operations Managers, and Secondary Marketing Managers.
- Warehouse lenders.
- Bank CFOs
- Directors and major shareholders of Banks and mortgage companies.
- Private equity managers and industry analysts.
- Education and training managers of banks and mortgage companies.
Mortgage Banking Management Series
The Mortgage Banking Management webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Garrett, McAuley & Co. Our goal is to help MBA members increase revenues, control cost and better manage risk. The series includes the following webinars:
1. Ten Things Your Company Must Do in 2019 (January 17, 2019)
2. Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know (February 27, 2019)
3. Warehouse Lending (March 14, 2019)
4. Bank-Owned mortgage Divisions (April 11, 2019)
5. Benchmarking Yourself as a Mortgage Lender (May 7, 2019)
6. Introduction to Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers (June 20, 2019)
7. Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability (June 27, 2019)
8. Should you sell to a bank, go to work for a bank, or (let’s think big) buy a bank (August 21, 2019)
9. Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers (September 18, 2019)
10. End of the year webinar TBA