Mortgage Accounting IV: Hedge Accounting and GAAP Reporting
Date:Wednesday, October 25th, 2017
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM EST
MBA Members can receive 15% off by registering for the entire webinar series by using the promotional code GROUP15.
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as we delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
Session IV takes a deep dive into the complexity of hedging accounting and the journal entry detail required by GAAP to correctly prepare financial reports for the NMLS and warehouse lenders. This is the most complex session of the series expanding upon the information contained in the three previous sessions.
- Mortgage Accounting I: Drilling into Mortgage Accounting
October 4th, 2017, 2:00 PM EST - 3:30 PM EST
- Mortgage Accounting II: Loan Level Accounting
October 11th, 2017, 2:00 PM EST - 3:30 PM EST
- Mortgage Accounting III: Hedging For Accountants
October 18th, 2017, 2:00 PM EST - 3:30 PM EST
- Mortgage Accounting IV: Hedge Accounting and GAAP Reporting
October 25th, 2017, 2:00 PM EST - 3:30 PM EST
Attendees should expect to understand:
- Review Loan Accounting & Hedging
- Margin Preservation
- SFAS 133 - Off Balance Sheet Commitments
- SFAS 157 & 159 - Fair Value
- Accounting Standards Codification - 815, 820, 825
- MTM, Tax and M&A
- Hedging Journal Entries
- Mandatory Information from Secondary Marketing
- Unintended Consequence of GAAP MTM
- Volume Based Revenue Recognition
- Andy Schell, CPA, CMB, CFF, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
Who Should Attend?
This detailed session is recommended for Controllers, Mortgage Accountants, Secondary Marketing managers, CPAs, and CFOs.