In collaboration with...
MBA Education and The University of Maryland Smith School of Business are partnering on a classroom program that covers the topics essential to effective mortgage finance risk management for residential and commercial/multifamily lenders. The program is intended for mid to senior-level mortgage risk management professionals, with content covering core risk concepts using real world applications and exercises. Students can expect to hear from instructors who are or have recently been senior executive-level practitioners in mortgage finance risk management. To introduce the program to lenders, MBA Education is pleased to offer an abbreviated version of the 3-day program to those attending the Risk Management & Quality Assurance Conference or who may just be interested in gaining familiarity with the core concepts of risk management in mortgage finance.
Special discount: Purchasers of the Advanced Risk Management Concepts Workshop are eligible to attend or send a colleague to attend the Successful Practices In Third Party Risk Management Workshop (September 25, 2018 at RMQA) at no additional cost. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for this discount.
Attendees of both the RMQA Conference and the Advanced Risk Management Concepts Workshop can receive $50 off their respective registration fees for a total savings of $100. Please contact email@example.com for this discount.
Sunday September 23, 2018
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM PST
JW Marriott LA Live
900 W. Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Attendees should expect to understand:
- Risk Management for Mortgage Originations
- Secondary Risk Management
- Managing Regulatory and Compliance Risks
Lesson 1: Risk Management for Mortgage Originations
Lesson 2: Secondary Risk Management
- Basic tenets of well-formed credit policy and guidelines
- Exception policy practices
- Underwriting practices
- Quality Assurance (QA) practices and sampling strategies and techniques
- Product development best practices and what to look out for
Lesson 3: Managing Regulatory and Compliance Risks
- Understanding mortgage pricing and where risk fits in
- Best execution strategy
- Mortgage pipeline hedging practices
- Credit risk transfer mechanisms
- Mortgage insurance basics
- Recourse and Reps & Warrants
- Understanding fair lending risk and how to test
- Basics in mortgage compliance (TRID, QM, CRA, HMDA, Mortgage Servicing, etc.)
Who Should Attend?
- Mid to Senior-Level Risk Management Professionals
- Senior Risk Analysts
- Compliance Officers
- Quality Assurance Professionals
- Internal Audit Managers
- Credit Officers
- Chief Information Security Officers
Download the Advanced Risk Management Concepts Workshop to learn more about the program.
- Benjamin Bates III, Director, Credit Risk, Fannie Mae
- Jerra H. Ryan, Senior Vice President, Compliance, First Choice Loan Service
- Sanat Shankardass, AMP, Associate Director Pricing, Freddie Mac
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.