|Residential Mortgage Banking for the IT Professional
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST
Special Reception: Blend will host a reception for workshop attendees after class ends. Stick around for small bites and drinks at Blend's roof top.
415 Kearny Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
Hotel Registration Information:
- All registrants are responsible for making their own hotel accommodations.
- Please click here to see hotels in close proximity to the course location.
Technology professionals in mortgage finance are expected to do a lot more than keep the systems running. To help its institution reach its business goals, strategic objectives, and remain in compliance with regulators, the IT team needs to be a partner to its business peers. To become a partner in the business, technologists of all levels need to understand not only the basic terminology, but also the latest developments, trends, and hurdles in mortgage banking. Back by popular request, MBA is offering a one-day workshop, Residential Mortgage Banking for the IT Professional. This special session will be tailored specifically for the IT professional and IT staff of all levels and industry knowledge are encouraged to attend.
Residential Mortgage Banking for the IT Professional emphasizes the interrelated roles of the departments within a residential mortgage banking firm and the relationship of various institutions and agencies in the real estate finance industry. The course provides a basic foundation in loan production, secondary marketing, and servicing. It also highlights key concepts in real estate mathematics, quality control, and of increasing importance, the latest in regulatory compliance and the impact rules and regulations have on technology and vendor management.
This workshop will offer:
- A common language that demonstrates the IT professionals understanding of the business objectives and supports communication and collaboration
- A working knowledge of the latest developments, regulatory requirements and challenges facing your institution today
- The opportunity to share with other IT professionals the solutions that are making sense, both operationally and financially
- The ability to influence strategic decisions relative to integrating IT and business priorities
- Foundational understanding of the key concepts in mortgage finance
- A new set of tools for bringing consensus to what may otherwise be competing perspectives
- High level overview of key Electronic Mortgage (Digital Mortgage) concepts and how they fit into the residential loan lifecycle.
Who Should Attend?
- Chief Technology Officers
- Chief Information Officers
- IT Professionals of all levels of experience
- Anyone seeking to gain a foundational understanding of residential mortgage finance concept
- Pat Taylor, Managing Director, New Directions Consulting Services
- Rick Hill, Vice President of Industry Technology, MBA
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.