Flood Insurance - Coverage Perspectives and Legislative Update
Understanding Flood Insurance Coverages and the Regulatory Environment
Date:Thursday, September 28th, 2017
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM EST
The webinar will provide attendees with an essential understanding on the topics of flood risk, flood insurance (both NFIP, Private and traditional coverage), and a legislative update on the reauthorization of the National Flood Insurance Program. Flood insurance is a complex topic, with numerous types of coverage available, including the National Flood Insurance Program, private insurance, and within traditional property policies. Each has its own nuances as respects the limits, terms and conditions of the coverage provided.
Mr. McDaniel and Mr. Freudenthal will review each of these coverage sources, and discuss how to properly analyze and structure the coverage, based upon what is required, which varies depending upon the property type, or the capital source used for financing purposes. Likewise, the reauthorization of the National Flood Insurance Program is taking place as we speak. There are 5 to 6 major changes to the Act that are being discussed and proposed, and Mr. Freudenthal has been asked to speak with, and work closely with, U.S. legislators who are putting this reauthorization together.
This webinar will be a great opportunity to hear from subject matter experts about the complexities of flood insurance coverage, and the changes currently taking place in the industry.
The following information will be considered at this webinar:
- Various types of flood coverage in the marketplace
- How the NFIP, Private Flood Coverage, and Traditional Flood Insurance work, and can be used independently, or in combination with each other, to create solutions for flood insurance needs.
- Legislative update on proposed changes to the reauthorization of the National Flood Insurance Program
- Mike McDaniel, President & Owner, Fortress Risk Consultants, LLC
- Dan Freudenthal, President, Agency Flood Resources
Who Should Attend?
- Loan Closers
- Loan Underwriters
- Insurance Servicers
- Compliance Officers
- Real Estate Developers and Investors