|Advanced Risk Management Workshop
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST
100 Chopin Plaza
Miami, FL 33131
Paid registrants of both the workshop and conference will receive $50 off both registrations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount.
In collaboration with...
MBA Education and The University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business are partnering on a classroom program that covers the topics essential to effective mortgage finance risk management for residential and commercial/multifamily lenders. The program is intended for mid to senior-level mortgage risk management professionals, with content covering core risk concepts using real world applications and exercises. Students can expect to hear from instructors who are or have recently been senior executive-level practitioners in mortgage finance risk management. To introduce the program to lenders, MBA Education is pleased to offer an abbreviated version of the 3-day program to those attending the Risk Management & Quality Assurance Conference or to those who may just be interested in gaining familiarity with the core concepts of risk management in mortgage finance.
Attendees should expect to understand:
- Core risk management concepts in both residential and commercial lending
- How risk management departments, and policies and procedures are established
- Best practices for identifying, testing, and mitigating risk
- A basic understanding of regulatory framework and how it has impacted mortgage lending
The Role of Risk Governance in Overseeing Mortgage Risk
Improving Operational Risk Management in the Real Estate Sector
- Delegations of Authority
- Governance and escalation policies
- Risk Taxonomy
Managing Regulatory and Compliance Risks
- Building a robust fraud detection process
- Estimating operational losses and event identification practices
- Cyber risk management practices
- Understanding fair lending risk and how to test
- Basics in mortgage compliance (TRID, QM, CRA, HMDA, Mortgage Servicing, etc)
- Vendor risk management
Download the Advanced Risk Management Workshop - Miami, FL Agenda to learn more about the program.
Who Should Attend?
- Mid to Senior-Level Risk Management Professionals
- Senior Risk Analysts
- Compliance Officers
- Quality Assurance Professionals
- Internal Audit Managers
- Credit Officers
- Chief Information Security Officers
- Clifford Rossi, Professor of the Practice & Executive-in-Residence, Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- Lynn Fisher, Vice President of Research and Economics, MBA
- Jerra H. Ryan, Senior Vice President, Compliance, First Choice Loan Services
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.