Post-closing roles and functions such as servicing, asset management, insurance, technology and closing are integral to commercial/multifamily mortgage banking. These areas of a lending operation are critical and provide a foundation for maintaining capacity to provide capital to real estate owners and operators. In order to thrive in our competitive environment, firms need to keep a close eye on how staff is trained and developed.
This conversation amongst MBA and industry leaders will explore management concepts of attracting and retaining talent across the CRE industry, keeping in mind the dynamics of different geographies, skill sets, business models and capital sources. Topics of succession planning, diversity and inclusion, as well as career growth and development for professionals will also be explored.
Date:Thursday, January 23, 2020
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Objectives and Topics:
- Strategies and perspectives on the challenges of attracting and retaining diverse talent
- Succession planning perspectives for senior leaders and across an organization
- Ideas for career growth and development in the servicing industry
- Diversity and inclusion strategies
- Moderator: Sharon Walker, Associate Vice President, Commercial/Multifamily Group, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Chris Baggett, Director, Essex Financial
- Carl McLaughlin, Vice President, Freddie Mac
- DeAnne Reed, Assistant Vice President, Pacific Life
- Laura Smith, Managing Director, Newmark Knight Frank
- Bob Wright, CMB, CCMS, Director, SS&C Technologies
- Gail Griffith-Roch, Director - Commercial/Multifamily Education Content, Mortgage Bankers Association
Who Should Attend?
- Commercial Loan Servicers
- Mortgage Bankers
- Asset Managers and Analysts
- Insurance Professionals
- Closing and Technology Professionals