This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
For Non-Members interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the Mortgage Accounting series, please use the promo code GROUP15 to receive 15% off.
Date:Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM EST
Mortgage Accounting Series Summary:
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as we delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
This session presents the basics of full transaction based loan accounting that tracks all the revenue, expense, assets and liabilities associated with the closing and sale of a mortgage loan. The structure of accounting methods presented in this session is a requirement to comply with the reporting demands of the NMLS Call Report.
- Part I, Drilling into Mortgage Accounting - 3/11/20
- Part II, Loan Level Accounting - Essential For Survival - 3/18/20
- Part III, Hedging For Accountants - 3/25/20
- Part IV, Hedge Accounting and GAAP reporting - 4/8/20
- Part V, Cash Flow, MBS Prices, and IRLC Value - 4/15/20
- Measurement and Productivity
- Chart of Accounts - Foundation for Reporting
- Document Flow for Loan Level Accounting
- Journal Entry Basics: Loan Closing & Loan Sale
- Data Source - Accuracy is Key
- Documentation for Loan Closing/Funding & Loan Sale
- Journal Entries Example: Loan Closing & Loan Sale
- First Payments: FDCPA & CFPB
- Reconcile the Balance Sheet
- Month End Reports
- Technology: Essential for Accurate Accounting
- Financial Forecasting: Cash-Flow Predictability
- Dr. Andy Schell, Ph.D., CPA, CMB, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.