|MISMO XML Primer
Live Class on June 4, 2019 in Milwaukee,WI
This course is designed for business and technology professionals who are currently (or who may soon be) involved in the consideration, planning, and/or development of a MISMO-based project. The course provides a detailed introduction to XML and Schema using examples and a walk-through of the MISMO 3.3 Reference Model. This course is intended to bridge the technical gap of business users moving from Course II (MISMO Implementation Framework - Case Study Part 1) to Course 3 (MISMO Implementation Framework - Case Study Part 2). It is also designed to assist professionals moving from an XML DTD implementation (e.g., MISMO Versions 2.X) to Schema (e.g., MISMO Versions 3.X).
The course is presented live setting at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. Students who successfully complete the course will be issued a certificate of completion for their training transcript.
Course dates: Tuesday, June 4, 2019
- What is XML?
- What are the benefits of using XML?
- Differentiating mark-up and character data from data content
- Exploring XML elements (e.g., with data; empty elements; valid / invalid elements; parent / child elements)
- How to use XML attributes to describe data properties
- Understanding XML documents including root elements, the parent and child hierarchy, processing instructions and reserved characters
- Using XML namespaces to avoid element and attribute name conflicts
- Introduction to XML schema basics including structure, root element, predefined types, complex types, sequence and choice grouping, and attributes
- Using XPATH to find information in an XML document
- Discovering XML software tools and useful features
- Introduction to the MISMO version 3.3 Reference Model
- Walk-through of the MISMO version 3.3 XML schema
Who Should Attend?
Employees of lenders, servicers, service bureaus, service providers, government agencies, GSEs, LOS vendors, document companies, eServices, professional services firms, consultants and other vendors in the mortgage industry who are considering, planning, or developing a MISMO based data exchange, product or transformation project.
- Only registered participants are eligible to receive course credit and access on-line course materials.
Discount for MISMO Members and Government Employees
Please note there is $200 discount for MISMO Members and government employees. Only these registrants may use the Promo Code "MISMOeducation" to redeem the discount.