|School of Loan Origination IGOL - October 2018
Monday, October 1- Thursday, October 25, 2018
- Week 1 - 10/1, 10/3, 10/4
- Week 2 - No class on 10/8 (Columbus Day)* 10/9, 10/10, 10/11
- Week 3 - 10/15, 10/17, 10/18
- Week 4 - 10/22, 10/24, 10/25
Class runs Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:00 - 5:00 PM EST. The week of 10/8 class will be held Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday due to Columbus Day Holiday. Students will also be expected to complete 3-5 hours of homework assignments per week in addition to class time.
3:00 - 5:00 PM EST
Attendees that sign up for the School of Loan Origination - October and School of Loan Origination II- November, are eligible to receive a 25% discount. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount.
Members and non-members who register for the SOLO pre-assessment are eligible to receive a $79 or $119 credit towards SOLO I or SOLO II registration fees, depending on membership status. For this discount, please contact MBA Education at email@example.com
MBA Education's School of Loan Origination (SOLO) is a four-week instructor-guided online course designed for mortgage originators who have recently passed the NMLS pre-licensing course or have 0-3 years employment experience as a mortgage loan originator (MLO) and for processors considering a sales position.
The course provides an in-depth working knowledge of how to originate residential mortgage loans. It begins with a historical perspective of how past practices led us to the current environment. It then teaches competencies on how to originate compliant and quality-based mortgage loans by focusing on minimizing risk of repurchases and reducing the number of "touches" on the file.
The course is presented in a blend of self-study and instructor-guided learning, all from the comfort of your own desk. The course includes live two-hour webinars on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays during four consecutive weeks. The webinars encourage participant interaction with the instructor and other industry experts. Course activities also include readings, homework activities, virtual field trips, a case study, quizzes, and online discussions. The course concludes with an online final exam. Students who successfully complete the course requirements will receive a certificate of completion for employee training transcript purposes.
Upon completion of the course, students will:
- Gain perspective on the overall challenges facing mortgage origination businesses
- Distinguish between the roles of mortgage originators, processors and underwriters
- Acquire knowledge of how to disclose laws and regulations that protect consumers
- Learn how to take quality mortgage applications, evaluate credit, and package mortgage loans
- Determine advantages and disadvantages of different mortgage products
- Learn how to develop a purchase based business model
- History of Mortgage Lending
- The Role of the Mortgage Loan Originator
- Taking a Complete 1003
- Originating a Compliant 1003 - The Laws
- Evaluating the 1003 - Loan Options
- Analyzing Credit Reports
- Case Study and Homework Review
- Supporting Documentation
- Tax Returns and Qualifying Income
- Nontraditional Mortgage Products
- Pricing and Rate Locks
- Packaging Mortgage Transactions
- Marketing in a Purchase Environment
Download the sample SOLO I Course Outline to learn more about the program.
SOLO is designed for new and aspiring MLOs, MLOs with 0 - 3 years of experience, MLO assistants looking to advance their career and processors considering a move to a sales position.
Others who would benefit from this course include:
- Loan Officers seeking to improve core competencies.
- Processors, Underwriters and Closers interested in foundational concepts in loan origination.
- MLO assistants looking to advance their career.
Graduating participants will earn a certificate of completion.
Instructors will be announced closer to the start of the course.
- MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.
- For more information, please visit our website:
SOLO Course Content and Schedule
- Successful completion of this event will earn the participant 15 points toward MBA's Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB) Designation.
*Please note that if you are interested in registering multiple people, you must order by phone and not use the online store.