|School of Mortgage Banking I - November 2017 - Birmingham, AL
Tuesday, November 28th - Friday, December 1st, 2017
- This course will occur from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday - Thursday and 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Friday.
- A light breakfast will be served at 7:30 a.m. each day.
- Lunch will be served each day.
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings
One Federal Place
1819 5th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
Hotel Registration Information:
- All registrants are responsible for making their own hotel accommodations.
- Please click here to see hotels in close proximity to the course location.
- MBA Education recommends you wait until after you receive our registration confirmation email before you make any travel arrangements. MBA assumes no liability for any penalty fees on airline tickets, deposits for hotel accommodations, or any other fees, charges, penalties, or other incidental costs that a registrant might incur. To review all of MBA Education policies, please click here
An Introduction To The Real Estate Finance Industry
The School of Mortgage Banking I (SOMB I) is the introductory course that emphasizes the interrelated roles of the departments within a residential mortgage banking firm and the relationships of the various institutions and agencies throughout the real estate finance industry. The course presents an overview of associated disciplines essential to a complete understanding of mortgage banking, including loss mitigation, predatory lending, capital markets, real estate law and regulation, and real estate mathematics. At the conclusion of the course, attendees leave with a solid foundation, understanding the role and importance of the loan production, commercial lending, underwriting, secondary marketing, warehousing, and servicing functions in the mortgage banking industry.
SOMB I emphasizes the interrelated roles of the departments within a residential mortgage banking firm and the relationships of the various institutions and agencies throughout the real estate finance industry. This course provides a foundation in residential loan production, underwriting, secondary marketing, warehousing and servicing. It also presents an overview of associated disciplines essential to a complete understanding of mortgage banking, including loss mitigation, capital markets, nontraditional mortgage lending practices, fraud detection and quality assurance, regulatory compliance, real estate law and commercial lending.
Download the sample SOMB I agenda to learn more about the program.
Who Should Attend?
- Residential Mortgage Executives
- Loan Originators
Speakers will be announced closer to the start of the course.
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.