|Cybersecurity Fundamentals & NY DFS Requirements
Tuesday, February 6th - Wednesday, February 7th, 2018
- Tuesday, February 6th, 2018: Registration begins at 8:30 AM. Class is held from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Wednesday, February 7th, 2018: Class is held from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
PenFed Credit Union
7940 Jones Branch Dr
McLean, VA 22102
Hotel Registration Information:
- All registrants are responsible for making their own hotel accommodations.
- Please click here to see hotels in close proximity to the course location.
Protecting confidential information is critical to the continued success of the mortgage industry and its many lenders and service providers. The cybersecurity threat landscape is constantly changing and presents an ongoing challenge to protecting technology systems and securing sensitive data. A formal, well-run information security program is key to lowering risk and addressing cyber threats within an organization. With increased focus from regulators, many organizations are required to build and maintain a program that can meet industry standards for data protection and oversight expectations of auditors and regulators.
During this 1.5 day workshop, the fundamental components of a cybersecurity program will be presented along with practical steps for implementation and governance. Day 2 will focus on the recently released regulation from the New York Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) Cybersecurity Requirements for Financial Services Companies and include guidance on how a well-run cybersecurity program contributes to meeting this regulation.
Review of information security program fundamentals including, but not limited to:
- Managing risk
- Program governance and policy
- Key technical controls
- Employee training and awareness
- Incident response and business resiliency
Review of NY DFS Cybersecurity Requirements including:
- Understanding the regulation
- Review of specific security requirements and effect on an organization’s program
- Risk Assessment baseline
- Documentation and annual filing requirements
Download the Cybersecurity Fundamentals & NY DFS Requirements Agenda to learn more about the program.
Who Should Attend?
- IT Directors/Managers
- Security Directors/Managers
- Risk Managers
- Shawn Malone, Founder & CEO, Security Diligence, LLC
- Alex Wood, VP-IS & CISO, Pulte Financial Services
- James Shreve, Counsel, Buckley Sandler LLP
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.