MBA Compliance Essentials : RESPA-TILA Integration Forum - Los Angeles
Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Registration ends at 12:00 p.m. ET on July 21, 2014.
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
5855 West Century Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Online Reservations: Mortgage Bankers Association RESPA-TILA Integration Forum
*There are a limited number of special rate rooms available at $169/night for forum attendees. Please call the number above to reserve your room with this special Mortgage Bankers Association rate.The cut-off date is Tuesday, July 15 at 11:59pm PT.
MBA's RESPA-TILA Integration Forums will provide attorneys, compliance officers and personnel working in all aspects of the industry day-long interactive sessions with industry experts to help master the new RESPA-TILA Integrated Disclosure requirements and the accompanying Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure forms. These presentations will be held around the country at locations convenient to interested attendees. In addition to Los Angeles, MBA has currently scheduled these events in:
Learn more about these locations. Click here.
- Dallas, TX - Tuesday, June 24
- Atlanta, GA - Thursday, July 31
- Washington, DC - Thursday, August 7
After attending one of these forums, an attendee will:
- Understand the new forms. The RESPA-TILA integrated disclosure rule requires totally redesigned and reorganized forms to replace the separate mortgage disclosures currently required under RESPA and TILA. Expert presenters will carefully examine the new forms and help participants learn what will be needed in the way of information and systems changes to properly fill them in.
- Integrate the new rules. Along with the new forms, the new rules make extensive changes to the closing process. These including stricter limits on changes in estimated charges and the institution of a 3-day waiting period between a closing disclosure and closing itself. Concepts as fundamental as the definition of a “business day” for delivery purposes also have been revised. MBA’s expert panel will walk attendees through the changes and highlight the key decisions businesses face as they implement the new requirements.
- Get answers to burning questions. These panels will not only feature presentations but facilitated question and answer sessions with leading experts giving participants the opportunity to get answers to burning questions throughout the day.
- Network with other industry participants. Each session will feature a lunch and other opportunities for participants to meet and informally discuss their RESPA-TILA integration efforts. MBA recognizes this rule is a sea-change for the industry and the opportunity to meet and share ideas with industry peers is a great help to navigating these challenges.
Richard Andreano, Practice Leader, Mortgage Banking Group, Ballard Spahr, LLP
Suzane F. Garwood, Partner, Venable LLP
Robert S. Lotstein, Managing Attorney, Lotstein Legal PLLC
David Coleman, Managing Director, KPMG LLP
John Haring, Compliance Enablement Manager, Ellie Mae
Priscilla Walton-Fein, Senior Counsel, Office of Regulations, CFPB
- Ken Markison, Vice President, Regulatory Counsel, MBA
Who Should Attend:
- Inside and Outside Counsel
- Quality Assurance Professionals